2003-07-29 04:41:55 UTC
Bumpers #270 - Monday 7.28.03 - Show #2018
Guests: Jason Biggs, Dr. Robert Nichol, Jesse Graybow
RAMBLINGS and QUOTES and such ...
- "David? When do I put on the 3-D glasses?"
- "Thank God they didn't make a big deal out of their wedding." Joke #2 ...
that's the Psychic answer we were looking for.
- "The split came because there was another man, and Liza found out about it."
- OK, so Mr. S lasted a week? Fair enough. Oh wait, there's a brief
under-the-breath "Mr. S."
- "This guy, Jason Biggs, is kind of a goofball, and he ends up getting his
deal caught in something."
- Nice of Dave to mention Bob Hope, and to share some stories ... my only
slight problem with the mention is that I don't think the appropriate "beat"
was taken, before Dave moved on to the Dancers.
- Yikes, the dancers are getting a little bit younger and trashier-lookin'. LOL
- "I was told, forget that outfit." "Well I'm tellin' ya, bring it back."
- Oh, man ... kid sucks! I mean, more power to him and all, but I was a better
bowler when I was six! (I don't mean that to be flippant or anything, but I
have bowled since close to that age, and all.)
- "Slipping Into Darkness" ... much like this kid. I'm not sure why I dislike
this whole bit so much! Maybe it's because I'm a former traveling Virginia
youth champion (for a couple of weeks), or because I really enjoying bowling,
and watching bowling on TV (I watched some on ESPN earlier, actually). In any
event, I'm very happy that this kid's on the show tonight, and now six weeks
ago, which is about when he was originally scheduled.
- "These stories all seem to end the same way, Jason; they start out great, and
then the peak, and then they just sort of drop out."
- "I'm just going to tell the first half of the story, because that's the good
half ... "
- I enjoyed Jason Biggs, more than I think I likely have in the past. I'm not
saying I'll see AW/AP3 before it comes out on DVD/HBO or anything ... just
saying I enjoyed his panel.
- "What do you remembering about working with Bob Hope?" "Giant cue cards."
"Thank you; thank you for that warm, insightful recollection."
- I just got momentarily excited ... it's 12:21am, there's about 6 more minutes
of show left, and I realized that we're just about out of things to do (the
good Doctor can't drone on another segment, and even an ACT 6 full of bowling
can't take forever) ... I'm already smelling long credits. Stay tuned; a way
will be found to avoid my theory. It'd be kinda cool if Dave went outside and
talked to the kid/threw a ball or two.
- OH, I just thought of something else that bothers me ... the damn kid doesn't
even put his fingers in the ball.
- Oh no, the doctor IS going to drone on for another segment. Boo.
- OK, so I enjoyed the Gold Bond ... and I also enjoyed the kid's sudden sense
of aim ... must've been the "chocolate candy bar".
- Yay! Dave's going out to bowl!!
- Well, correction ... he went out to watch Carnegie-Mellon's finest PBA
hopeful toss a couple of zeroes. Good enough ... Daddy was busy working the
crowd, after all.
THE MUSIC ...
= ACT 1 =
Crossover Tune - "Stompin' at the Savoy"
"Lance Armstrong" - "Proud Mary", as performed by Ike and Tina Turner
End of ACT 1 CB - no idea, something new I suspect ... Chez? anyone?
= ACT 2 =
TTL/Tour de France - "Proud Mary", as performed by Ike and Tina Turner
End of ACT 2 CB - "Slipping Into Darkness", War
= ACT 3 =
Jesse/Light Bulbs - "Stars and Stripes Forever"
Jason Biggs - hmmmm
End of ACT 3 CB - "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)", Aerosmith
= ACT 4 =
Robert Nichol - geez, I suck tonight ... vaguely familiar, but I got
End of ACT 4 CB - "Tell Me Something Good", written by Stevie Wonder
= ACT 5 =
ACT 5 Bowling - (same as above)
= ACT 6 =
End of ACT 6 CB - "Fly Away", Lenny Kravitz
IN CONCLUSION ...
- Ladies and gentlemen, tonight's show was amazing. I mean, wonderful!
And I'll be honest, my opinion turned around slightly because of the LONG
... and .... FINAL CHORD! God bless it. But seriously, I enjoyed the long
credits, especially because of the LSD (Late Show Dancers ... as far as you're
concerned) ... they added to the ambience of the camera shots. <grin>
Until next time,
<>~ Official "Wahoo Gazette" Sharp-Eared "Late Show" Listener - Since 12.14.02
"This may just last a day. Or a month. Or until it gets really repetitive." -
Me, in 3.20.02's Bumper Post